- Job Title:
- Manufacturing /Construction Manager
- Manage manufacturing of heavy equipment fabrication, piping and process equipment.
- Establish and implement procedures as per the product & manufacturing specifications given in the
- Establish Manufacturing Quality Assurance plan with supplier and implement right first time.
- Coordinate with supplier and internal team for specification clarification, deviations, change note,
inspection, FAT, dispatch clearance.
- Ensure identification and traceability of the product and system from manufacturing stage to erection stage.
- Training, multi-skilling & development of all employees in the manufacturing team (technicians,
- Develop strategies to reduce manufacturing cycle times and costs
- Ensure supplier to maintain 5-S across the manufacturing area.
- Lay down & comply with safety procedures and systems.
- Implement the best practices from the technology provider and the return of experience.
- Manage construction and commissioning of Systems of WTE Power Plant at Site.
- Coordinate with Sub Suppliers, partners, customer and contractors at site for timely completion of the
works within assigned timeline & costs.
- Manage a team of Engineers & Supervisors during construction & Commissioning phase.
- Report, review and comment on technical issues that arise during construction & report to the management.
- Planning of required infrastructure, tools, equipment and resources to execute the scope of work
- Prepare & Monitor daily schedule of activities/schedules.
- Maintain comprehensive and detailed Log on Technical issues, Work tasks, Improvements, Site Resources,
Schedule delays & Working Time.
- Perform Erection checks for Quality of workmanship & adherence to the Site Quality Plan and in
accordance to the specifications.
- Manage scope change of individual packages if any & report to the Project Manager for extra claims.
- Ensure all Non-Conformances, discrepancies and cost variances are fairly and properly resolved.
- Conduct regular Safety Inspections to ensure Site Safety Plans and Safety Rules.
- Manage site material requirement & identify shortages in advance & report to the Project Manager.
- Co-ordinate with the commissioning team during commissioning phase.
- Manage project site close-out & handover to the client.
Education / Experience
- Degree in Mechanical engineering from reputed institution.
- Minimum 15+ years’ experience in manufacturing of equipment, heavy fabrication and construction site
supervision. On Site experience in South East Asia is an added advantage. Experience in Multi national
environment is preferred.
- Power Plant background particularly in packages of Boiler, Grate and Flue Gas System is desirable.
Skill / Competency
- Good leadership ability within a matrix team environment and contributes significantly to team
- Demonstrate strong communication skills, both written and verbal. Fluent in English & regional language.
- Strong, effective organizational skills required; detail oriented; ability to multitask
- Must be self-propelled, autonomous and motivated with excellent relationship and time management skills.
- Candidate must be good at liaison and capable of working in a TEAM.
Location: Chennai, required to travel to Supplier Manufacturing Works and Project Site
(long stay) as necessary
Reporting: Head – Projects Department
Contact: E-mail the resume to Mr. Arunkumar, firstname.lastname@example.org