- Job Title:
- Mechanical Grate
- Study the technical documents for manufacturing description, sequence of operations.
- Assist QA Manager in formalising QAP and Manufacturing Manager for manufacturing schedule.
- Verify material estimate from manufacturing partner with reference to design BOM and inform the
deviations to the Manufacturing Manager.
- Verify WPS, WPQR as per the product requirements and relevant applicable standard.
- Prepare the visit plan with reference approved schedule from the manufacturing partner.
- Coordinate with CMPL Project Team for specifications, drawing and approved Project Management Plan
including plan for design, schedule, procurement, quality and logistics.
- Verify the status of material as per project plan and review material TC as per the requirements.
- Coordinate with the production team of the manufacturing partner for production plan and inform them
about manufacturing sequence.
- Supervise to achieve stage wise manufacturing schedule and develop strategies to reduce manufacturing
- Oversee components machining at various stages and review quality reports for dimensions.
- Oversee welding of the components and ensure relevant WPS is followed and welding is carried out by
qualified welder. Review welding book and welding register regularly till final assembly of the Grate
- Ensure the requirement of alignment, distortion and tolerance is followed during manufacturing with First
Time Right approach.
- Record NCR for deviation if any during manufacturing of the Grate equipment and get it approved from
the CMPL Manufacturing Manager and QA Manager
- Ensure critical instructions for Grate equipment manufacturing are followed by the manufacturing partner.
- Prepare documents for FAT of the Grate equipment and ensue product requirements with manufacturing
- Supervise the FAT for Grate equipment along with CMPL Quality & Engineering team by ensuring safety
- Ensure proper identification of the equipment during FAT, dismantling stage and packing stage.
- Coordinate with CMPL logistics for pre-shipping activities and packing of the equipment.
- Receive the equipment at site and ensure the material as per packing list. Guide the site contractor for
proper un loading and storage of the equipment.
- Coordinate with Construction Manager for ensuring site resources, tools necessary for erection of the
equipment and necessary input from the customer.
- Ensure contractor is following the erection procedure as per technical documents and with proper sequence.
- Coordinate with Construction Manager for site erection schedule and activity schedule.
- Monitor daily progress of erection activities and report daily progress & weekly progress as per reporting
procedure and protocol.
- Ensure that Field Quality Plan is followed by the erection contractor and report deviation if any to the
- Raise NCR for site non-conformity and follow up with concerned team for resolution of the same.
- Prepare and maintain site protocols as per Field quality plan and obtain approval from customer QA.
- Coordinate with CMPL site team, site contractor and customer for commissioning activities.
- Lay down safety procedures and ensure it is complied with safety system.
- Adopt best practices from across the industry and bench marking by technology provider.
- Record the return of experience for further improvements.
Education / Experience
- Degree in Mechanical engineering from reputed institution.
- 6 to 10 years experience in manufacturing of equipment, heavy fabrication, piping and welding. Experience
at site for erection & commissioning of equipment & systems is an added advantage. Experience in Multi
national environment is preferred.
- Power Plant background particularly in packages of Boiler, Grate and Flue Gas System is desirable.
Skill / Competency
- Working knowledge of computers is essential with expertise in MS projects and understanding of
- Good communication skills in English & regional language.
- Excellent time management skills, planning and ability to prioritize
- Should have proven ability to work on challenging and time-constrained assignments
- Must be a self-starter who can thrive in a dynamic team environment
- Strong sense of team & individual ownership
Location: Chennai, required to travel to Supplier Manufacturing Works and Project Site
(long stay) as necessary
Reporting: Manufacturing & Construction Manager
Contact: E-mail the resume to Mr. Arunkumar, email@example.com