- Job Title:
- Quality & EHS Manager
Job Description – Quality & EHS
- This position will be part of the executive team of CMPL, conceptualize/implementation of systems,
policies, procedures, ability to provide direction to the construction sites, awareness of regional
compliance, willingness to travel internationally
- To manage multiple projects (to start with one) as well as manufacturing plant and manage a team.
Job Responsibilities – Quality
- To institutionalize quality practices to bring incremental improvements at various stages of Project
execution and manufacturing.
- To conduct management review meetings, Quality meetings, internal audits as per ISO norms for the unit.
- Co-ordinate testing activities: internal tests and customer inspections.
- Identify and analyze causes for failure at the manufacturing stage; recommend preventive/ remedial action
- Coordinate with project management team with pre-construction, pre-phase and pre-task planning and
implementation of the site Project Quality Program.
- Ascertain qualified 3rd Party Inspection Body for services required rendered for welding, crane, valves,
boilers inspection services.
- Control nonconforming work activities use through the implementation of the ISO 9001, Quality Control
Program (QCP) nonconformance control procedures and as per applicable codes and requirements for all
project site activities.
- Verification of Receiving Inspection Reports, Non-Conformance Reports, and Transfer of Ownership for
compliance to project requirements.
- Identify, and report material, process or part discrepancies.
- Work with Supply Management and Manufacturing Groups to assure accurate and timely disposition of all
- Collect, compile and report on construction and fabrication process performance and product quality.
- Monitor and/or maintain and control inspection of any tools and fixtures as required.
- To Promote and conduct deployment of Quality tools in order to solve problems, reduce the cost of non
Quality and improve the overall efficiency of the Unit
- Work with Contractors and Authorized Inspection Body, for boilers and pressure vessels, determining ITP,
hold points, and documentation requirements according to IBR, ASME, and AWS prior to implementation.
- Maintain project site Quality Job File and Manufacturer’s Data Reports.
- Coordinate inspections with local officials, third party inspection companies, and other third party code
jurisdiction agencies as required for Project / Product requirements.
- In accordance with the Project Quality system, liaise with the Customers to ensure that all systems meet the
needs and approval of the Customer and also comply with CMPL Quality Assurance policies.
Job Responsibilities – EHS
- Oversee the implementation of the CMPL EHS programs in all operational locations
- Ensure compliance with CMPL EHS policies, programs, systems and procedures
- Actively contribute to the enhancement of the project EHS systems, plans and procedures and implement
the system including the Site Specific Safety Plan.
- Perform Health and Safety site inspections and audits to ensure compliance with Corporate policies and
standards, and local laws and regulations
- Review all subcontractor EHS plans to ensure that they are in compliance with CMPL EHS policies,
management systems and standards, and local regulations
- Ensure accident and incident investigations systems are in place and follow through
- Monitor the EHS KPI’s (both lagging and leading), and timely report as required.
- Conduct hazard and risk assessments and implement solutions
- To create EHS awareness, to provide EHS training to all concerned, to take suitable actions on the impacts
and risks to mitigate effects.
- Ensure periodic reporting of KPI to the management and communicate necessary actions to all concerned
- Inspect project site, physical plant or operations as required to identify any additional areas of hazard
identification and risk assessment and control; maintain list with priorities and review with Project Director
or Site Manager.
- Conduct Project, Plant and/or Operations Safety Meetings and conduct New Hire Safety Orientation
Training for Employees as requested or required
- Develop and implement all the required documentation, operational checks and reports for the EHS
Management System to be compliant with applicable OHSAS 18001 and ISO 14001 standards, including
corrective and preventative measures.
Education / Experience
- BE/ ME / MS in Engineering (Any Specialization in Quality), safety engineering or Industrial safety
- Minimum 10+ year’s relevant experience in Quality & EHS functions in power industries.
- Implementing and maintaining QMS & HSE Documentation in accordance with ISO Standard
requirements, Conducting Internal Audits, Imparting training to improve Audit skills. Experience of
working on EPC projects is an added advantage
Skill / Competency
- Effective time management skills and ability to prioritize.
- The ability to manage conflicts, resolve differences and team work in a globalized environment.
- A proven ability to work on challenging and time-constrained projects.
- A self-starter who can thrive in a dynamic team environment.
- Sound written and verbal communication in English and internal customer relationship skills.
Location: Chennai, Required to travel local and International as necessary.
Reporting: Head – Projects Department
Contact: E-mail the resume to Mr. Arunkumar, email@example.com